1. St. Peter's Basilica, Raphael's Stanzae and Sistine Chapel (Rome) 2002 "Genius in the service of God; prophetic visions
immortalized in paint (very much worth the neck cramps in the Sistine); opulence as a true temple of God deserves. The tour
was made more meaningful after the canonization of St. Josemaria at St. Peter's Square."
2. The Louvre (Paris) 1999 "The legacy of Napoleon's rapacious imperialism and mute witness to the GREAT Western ART
tradition. Where else can you find the Mona Lisa, Michelangelos, Ingres and the Victory statue all in the same wing? 'Wish
I had stayed longer than 45 mins there."
3. Van Gogh Museum (Amsterdam) 1998 "Home of the 'Potato Eaters' and other early works by the misunderstood genius;
still misunderstood as unscrupulous peddlers have cashed in on his celebrity with a Van Gogh cafe and souvenir shops
4. National Palace Museum (Taipei) 1993 "Chronicler of the heights of Chinese art and culture; storehouse
of the mainland's booty rescued in the nick of time from the misplaced zeal of the Reds; the jade grasshopper perched
on a cabbage is my favorite artpiece."
5. Metropolitan Museum and Central Park (New York City) 2001 "Junior
Louvre with works of 19th century European masters that you've seen in artbooks; within a comfortable autumn stroll uptown
from the bus terminal on 41st Street as the sights and sounds of the world's capital entice the artist wannabe with their
6. Surfers' Paradise (Gold Coast, Australia) 1998 "White sand and blue, foamy surf as far as the
eyes can see; you can imagine Captain Cook's ship pass by on a spectral, stormy night."
Lake (Hangzhou, China) 2007 "A scenic spot that has spawned a thousand copycat themeparks in the Chinese world;
home to ornate restaurants with exotic dishes such as different kinds of eels and ducks."
and Berlin Wall (Berlin) 1999 "Looks over the Brandenburg Gate, historic buildings and the city's sprawling gardens;
you can traipse over where the Cold War ramparts once stood."
9. Hundred Islands (Pangasinan, Philippines)
early 1990s "Pick your own private paradise."
10. Vermont (USA) 2011 "Zipping through the countryside on a
Greyhound and looking out to green mountains and big, winding rivers can be a spiritual experience."